Monday, October 19, 2009

Kuala Lumpur & Tehran, Directions!


First days of driving in Kuala Lumpur was so difficult for me. I guess this is the same problem that most of the people who are new to this town have.


KL has a general round shape which by this, I mean Kuala Lumpur streets are not straight. As you may see in a street that KL Tower is just in front of you, so you may guess that's it! I get this street & go forward till I reach to KL Tower; But you are absolutely wrong. You will be lost somewhere totally misplaced. even having a map or something does not help that much since you are driving and don't have time to look at it all times.
My own city-Tehran- has a very simple route. To any direction is the street, you will end up by the same direction. If you are heading north, it means you are going to north. Simple!

So, after a while and getting lost for a few times in KL, I preferred to pay more than 500 RM & buy a simple GPS for my car to navigate me in this complicated city. Thanks to ebay Malaysia for providing me a cheap GPS!

Just take a look at these two cities maps & find out for yourself :)