Monday, October 26, 2009

My Life & Memories

They say "time flies" as you all know. Sometimes it happens for me that I still believe am only 13 , strolling around our cottage in the jungles of north of Iran. Noon times of loneliness & the blue sky of Alborz mountains*! Smooth breeze of afternoons & reading a poetry book of Hafiz* or Sohrab*.
A mind free of all worries & a heart full of hopes, wishes & dreams. Crying a few teardrops as the effect of reading poetry over the book & coming back to the cottage with no real conclusion.

I can't believe my age , though it may not seem too much for many of you. My birthday is close & this years candle will be the last , having a number 2 in front & I'm not believing it.



This summer, when I was back home in Iran, I scanned a few old pictures of mine from the family albums. Mom & dad were so young as my age right now or even younger; everything was so simple. I don't remember the time of this picture, but it must've been a happy day when dad took this one from me & mom.
Maybe as Emily Dickson says : "That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."


* Alborz Mountains : The highest mountain ranges of Iran - Located almost on north of Iran , between the capital & the Caspian sea
*Hafiz: Is the most admired & famous poet of Persian history (7 centuries ago)
*Sohrab: Is one of the contemporary poets who died about 30 years ago at the age of 51.